Farm Insurance Information
Farmers and farm owners face unique occupational and business risks. To properly protect your business and investment, it’s crucial to obtain the right farm insurance. Killingsworth Agency, Inc. is here to help you find the right types of farm insurance to protect your assets. Give us a call today to get started.
What Is Farm Insurance?
Although farms are just like any other business, one failed production yield in the agricultural sphere could mean a failed business altogether. There are also a variety of hazards that farmers face when it comes to their assets. Farmers need to be able to bounce back financially if their property gets damaged or their production fails, which is exactly what farm insurance and tailored commercial insurance coverages assist with.
How Does Farm Insurance Work?
A farm insurance policy isn’t just one type of policy—it’s a mix of various coverages that farms carry to ensure adequate protection.
There are many insurance options from which farmers can benefit. These include:
- Crop Insurance: Damage to crops might arise from weather, fires and other hazards. This coverage can pay you a settlement to help you replace those items and lost income.
- Farm Livestock Insurance: A loss to your animals could mean a loss of profit. Therefore, this coverage can help you recover the results.
- Equine Insurance: Horses are often valuable both for farm operations and their market value. Therefore, when you breed or raise horses, a single loss might cost you a lot of money. This coverage can insure your horses against death, injuries and other hazards.
- Farm Equipment Insurance: Should important assets like pumps, rakes, sprayers and other tools get damaged, then this coverage can help pay for those items.
- Tractor Insurance: Standard equipment insurance often doesn’t cover tractors or other farm vehicles. You can buy separate coverage to protect these items against damage or other losses.
- Farm Dwelling Insurance: If you live on your farm, this policy can cover your home.
- Farm Structures Insurance: This coverage insures barns, grain silos and other property.
- Commercial Auto Insurance: Vehicles owned by the farm or used in its operations will need commercial auto insurance rather than personal auto insurance.
- Farm Liability Insurance: Your operations might cause bodily injuries or property damage to various people, including your clients. This coverage can help you repay them for their losses.
- Umbrella Insurance: Under standard liability insurance, there will be limits. However, if a claim exceeds these limits, then umbrella liability coverage can help cover remaining costs.
- Workers’ Compensation Insurance: If you hire full- or part-time employees in your operation, then you will likely have to buy workers’ compensation. It will pay an employee replacement wages if work-related injuries or illnesses force them off the job.
Killingsworth Agency, Inc. is here to help you navigate your risks and suggest coverages to help you mitigate those risks and ensure proper protection.
How Much Does Farm Insurance Cost?
One of the primary questions you may have while shopping for farm insurance may be, “How much is farm insurance?” The answer to this question isn’t necessarily straightforward, as costs will be dependent upon where you’re located, the type of farming you do, the type(s) of coverage you purchase, and past claims history. Call us today at 800-526-3959 to get a quote or learn more.
Take the first step in picking the right coverage and call us today or request your quote now.