Renters Insurance Information
Renters insurance, or tenant insurance, can help protect you from financial losses at your rented home. Without it, you could face costly out-of-pocket expenses if your personal belongings are damaged or destroyed. Contact Killingsworth Agency in Brooksville, Florida, to learn more about renters insurance coverage.
What Does Renters Insurance Cover?
Your landlord’s insurance typically won’t cover damage to your personal belongings or your legal liability if a third party accuses you of causing bodily injury or property damage. Renters insurance can provide essential protection from these losses.
The following are examples of common renters insurance coverages:
- Personal liability coverage can help cover costs (e.g., medical bills or property repairs and replacements) if you’re deemed liable for causing third-party property damage or bodily injury.
- Personal possessions coverage can help pay for damage to your belongings if they’re damaged or destroyed by a covered loss.
- Additional living expenses coverage can help cover extra living costs (e.g., meals and hotel stays) if your rented property is temporarily uninhabitable.
Coverage limits and amounts are generally adjustable. The agents at Killingsworth Agency can help you evaluate your renters insurance coverage needs.
Does Renters Insurance Cover Theft?
Individual policies may vary; however, your renters insurance policy will typically help pay to replace stolen items if it includes personal possessions coverage. Many insurers will mandate that you file a police report after a break-in to be reimbursed for property theft. You may have to pay a deductible, which is an out-of-pocket cost before your coverage kicks in to help pay for stolen items. Contact Killingsworth Agency for more information.
How Much Does Renters Insurance Cost?
The cost of your renters insurance will vary with numerous factors, such as the following:
- Your location (e.g., zip code).
- Your claims history
- Your landlord’s master insurance policy
- Your credit history
- Your policy details (e.g., coverage limits)
- Your pets (e.g., dog breeds)
Contact Killingsworth Agency for a free renters insurance quote.
Since 1974, Killingsworth Agency has helped renters find the right coverage. Contact us to speak to an insurance agent.